TRAUMA-FOCUSED COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY- 6 Month Booster
Trauma‐Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF‐CBT) is an evidence‐based psychotherapeutic intervention designed to help children, youth, and their parents overcome the negative effects of traumatic life events. It was developed by integrating cognitive and behavioral interventions with traditional child abuse therapies that focus on enhancement of interpersonal trust and empowerment. The program can be provided to children 3 to 18 years of age and their caregivers by trained mental health professionals in individual, family, and group outpatient sessions. It targets symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which often co‐occurs with depression and behavior problems. The intervention also addresses issues commonly experienced by traumatized children, such as poor self‐esteem, difficulty trusting others, mod instability, and self‐injurious behavior, including substance abuse.
- Identify important assessment and engagement strategies for working with families utilizing the TF‐CBT treatment modality.
- Understand what constitutes complex trauma and how it differs from isolated traumatic events, with implications for assessment and treatment.
- Review PRACTICE components and ensure application of components in a structured, gradual exposure manner.
- Identify and share creative applications of the PRACTICE components.
- Focus on Trauma Narrative and Cognitive Component, through case examples and role plays.
INCLUDED IN THE COST: 2-Day Basic Initial Training and 6-Month Booster Training
: Thursday, April 27, 2017, Friday, April 28, 2017 and Thursday, October 26, 2017,Friday October 27,2017 (Booster)
: 8:30am to 4:30pm (Doors open at 8:30am for check-in and continental breakfast. Training starts promptly at 9:00am. Lunch is on your own.)
: 121 West Victoria Avenue, Suite 121 Long Beach, CA 90805
: $350.00 – For 3 training days
Group Discounts Available--Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund Policy: Participants may cancel up to 10 days before the training and will receive a full refund for of the registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee. If a participant cancels 0-10 days before the training date, no refund will be given.
Per the TF-CBT Protocol:
- This is not the full TF-CBT PEI Protocol. This is the first step. The full protocol will need to be completed in order for staff to bill to PEI for therapeutic services. Consultation calls and/or audio reviews (necessary parts of the protocol) can be contracted with the national trainer, Ashley Labistour (not provided for SHIELDS).
- Participants MUST complete the 10-Hour TF-CBT Web Course (http://tfcbt.musc.edu) PRIOR to this 2-day training to successfully complete the full protocol and bill to PEI for therapeutic services. Please email that certificate to email@example.com prior to the training or simply bring a copy with you to the training.
PARKING – Free parking available in building lot (inside Victoria Business Park). Handicap parking is available outside the suite location. For any other special needs or accommodations, please contact the SHIELDS Training Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
For further information on accommodations, grievances, and refunds/cancellations, and licensure please visit our website at: https://www.shieldsforfamilies.org/licensure/
For Further Questions or Concerns--Email email@example.com